You are an indie or mid-size developer and probably don’t have sound, music and dialog wizards on your team. Good News! We are wizards of audio and we’d love to check out your game and answer audio questions. If you are attending GDC2013 or in the Bay Area, bring your questions and let us shine some light on the not so scary world of audio.
Also, audio folk willing to share knowledge are welcome attend.
Look for the Blue Case. This event may be getting a little big, so check in with me (Andrew Lackey) when you arrive…I’ll have a blue case with me. If you’re a dev, I’ll connect you right away with someone.
You can meet:
Andrew Lackey – Audio Director/Sound Designer (Witness, Dead Space 1,2,3, Call of Duty: MW3)
Leilani Ramirez – Dialog Supervisor (Uncharted 3, Metal of Honor:Warfighter, Tiger Woods 2014)
Mauricio Balvanera – Trailer Editor/Sound Designer
Chris Rickwood – Composer (Tribes:Ascend ~ Age of Empires Online ~ Madden NFL 12 ~ Orcs Must Die!)
Damian Sol – Violin and String Instrumentalist/Composer
Gee Daigo - Ringmasters Composer Talent Agent, Supervision and Orchestral Recording
Plus many others!
Wednesday March 27th 6:30 – 8:30 (Yes, Skip The Developer’s Choice Awards)
The Press Club (Wine and Beer Bar)
20 Yerba Buena Lane
San Francisco CA 94103
Look for the man with the Blue Case.
Need more reasons? Here’s 10:
1a) Ouya? So, how will your game sound on people’s home theater system?
1b) So, Sony and/or Microsoft is all the sudden your friend? See #1
2) 5.1 Surround Sound? You don’t even have a subwoofer!
3) It just feels wrong to have all this great art and design and canned sound effects and music.
4) Oh yeah, indie games can have great dialog TOO…see Bastion or Primordia
5) You’d like good sound, but how do we deal with actors, composers, musicians, contracts, rights, royalties?
6) Your game has a potential worldwide market….but, how do we localize the audio?
7) One looping music file and 1 sound effect/per event isn’t cutting it anymore.
8) Time to do marketing..You need your trailer and logo sonic branding to ROCK!
9) We’ve got decent sound, but you’re interested in runtime reverbs, eqs, and advanced mixing.
10)A Drink! Yeah, we’ll buy you a drink. Something we just do when we meet a sound friendly developer.
#indiesoundgdc for updates